Welcome to the ISTH-SSC VWF Online Database (VWFdb). Please be aware that many of the webpages will be undergoing more extensive revision over the next several months. If you experience any difficulties navigating around the new webpages please contact me and I will aim to promptly rectify the problem.
Dr. Dan Hampshire, Database Curator/Manager.
This resource aims to provide both research and diagnostics laboratories working on von Willebrand disease (VWD) and von Willebrand factor (VWF) with easy access to the wide range of information available:
- Descriptions of the various VWD types.
- A variant registry providing searchable lists of mutations and polymorphisms located within and adjacent to VWF.
- Annotated reference sequences for VWF.
- Detailed guidelines on standard nomenclature.
- References for published mutation and polymorphism data.
- Useful resources for diagnostics/research laboratories investigating VWD.
- Useful figures, including example multimer gels and VWF protein structures.
VWFdb is kindly supported by EAHAD and CSL Behring